Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009


"Your house shall not be an anchor but a mast."
Gibran
Happy New Year!
Welcome to the first entry of the Poverty Cabin Journal, an account of our journey in building a cabin of our dreams. First of all, I have to say that although I love the name of the pond, Little Poverty Pond, I don't like the name for the blog. It is too depressing. I appreciate the puritans that named the pond so long ago, in their hope for the simple life. It may be a sign of the year to come if we name it that, because we will be much poorer financially after this project. Much poorer financially but so much richer spiritually and socially. We know that this will be true. At some point I may change the name, if I can come up with one that's better.

7 comments:

Linda said...

I love Loren's blog about our project. I look forward to watching it grow and looking back on it as we go along. Great start. Way to go Honey!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great name.

Loren said...

To Linda, I look forward to working on this together! L

To Mike, Thanks for reading, I hope you continue to do so as the progress continues. Loren

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful. Loved reading about your hopes and dreams. Love the name, too. You will all have so many happy times there.
Sharon

Loren said...

Sharon, I always love reading your poems and am glad for you to read this! Loren

Anonymous said...

Ii didn't see all the pictures before. They are beautiful! You all look so happy in the photos. Love the one with you on the bike!

Loren said...

Thanks, Sharon, I'm going to add some of the cabin site as well. And the cabin plans to include the drawing of how it will look from the front.
Love, Loren